How to Create a Currency Converter in HTML5 and Spring Boot
- Project length: 5h 37m
We are going to build a complete web app for converting between monetary currencies. The project can be separated into two parts: frontend design and backend design. The frontend will be designed using simple HTML5 and Backend will be developed with Java Spring Boot.
NOTE: For best results watch in 1080p!
What are the requirements?
- You need to have at least some basic knowledge of Java and web languages.
What is the target audience?
- Learners who want to learn Spring Boot basics.
- Learners who want to start designing a basic web app from scratch.
- Viewers who are curious how a modern web app should work.
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly 4 PM EDT (9 PM GTM+1) every Monday
Session 1: Setting-up the Environment
- Briefly describe the software to install
- Introduction to MVC pattern and RESTful API design
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Setup the project skeleton
Session 2: Start communication with a third party API to get the current rates
- Implementation of a periodic task to get currency rates
- Introduction to Spring CrudRepository and Redis
- Storing the currency rates on Redis
Session 3: Design the endpoints
- Design the controllers, services, and repositories
- Wrap up the web service
Session 4: Unit testing
- Basics of unit testing
- Introduction to Mockito
- Implement unit tests
Session 5: Simple Frontend Design
- Design a simple HTML skeleton
Session 6: Frontend Communication with backend
- Call the HTTP server endpoints