Best Practices in Creating Mobile Games
- Game Development
- Project length: 6h 24m
Back to some more Mobile Game teaching. This time, we're going to tackle Best Practices overall, this will include: Physics, Optimization (code wise), Ads integration, UI best practices, resolutions, Android versions, among other needed topics. If any good extra topics come up during the stream, they will be included at the end of the sessions!
Best practices in creating Mobile Games.
This series of streams/tutorials will cover several topics needed to create a successful mobile game. It will go over Physics, General code optimization, UI optimization, Ads best practices.
What are the requirements?
- A desire to make games
- Unity knowledge
- Little C# for examples at the end, regarding Ads.
What is the target audience?
- Anyone with game ideas who intends to create a game
- If your game will target the mobile market, even better.
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Daily starting Thursday September 6th 2018, at 2 pm EST, until the project is finished.
Session 1: Basic definitions. We'll be talking about very basic definitions to get everyone up to speed with what will be explained in depth in future sessions.
- Session 1.1: What's a game, and what's game development?
- Session 1.2: Mobile games, what the gamer wants.
- Session 1.3: Mobile games, what the developer wants.
- Session 1.4: Unity visual structure for future examples.
Session 2: Mobile game physics. There'll be descriptions and explanations about the hows and whys of Mobile Game physics, including some Unity specific important knowledge for up and coming developers.
- Session 2.1: What are physics? How many physics interactions are safe per frame?
- Session 2.2: Optimizing Physics
- Session 2.3: Using Unity's Profiler to see how much processing power is being used for Physics
Session 3: Mobile UI best practices We'll be checking out some mobile UI examples, trying to get why they do what they do, and how to implement it ourselves.
- Session 3.1: Checking out mobile game's UI with some screenshots and defining how they work
- Session 3.2: Describing best practices for UI and how to implement in most games.
Session 4: Mobile Games Advertisements and best practices. Let's explore how some mobile games do Advertising, what gives the most revenue and what drives players to uninstalling a game.
- Session 4.1 : Mobile Ads examples and providers.
- Session 4.2: What drives players to uninstalling, regarding Ads?
- Session 4.3: How to maintain good revenue and playerbase with healthy ads.
Session 5: Object Generation and Pooling Discussions about object creation, how to mask it and how to save time as much as possible (less frames, better game!)
- Session 5.1: What are the costs of generating objects?
- Session 5.2: Object pools and other recommendations.
Session 6: Camera and Controls.
Discussion of camera, orientation, UI scaling in Unity and controls.
- Session 6.1: Camera settings and orientation best practices
- Session 6.2: Control examples and implementation recommendations
Session 7: Recap, Q&A and final thoughts Will be finalizing the tutorial series with a big recap of what we've done and talking some final important points.