ToDo app with REST API Auth. in Vue.JS
- Project length: 18h 04m
The application will be a ToDo application which will be a single page application. It will feature REST, VueJS (dynamic frontend). We will start from scratch - Setup silex, create a REST service from scratch (no third party bundle) and do a basic frontend using Vuejs and bootstrap. It will focus on concepts like Dependency Injection, Dependency Inversion, SOLID principles and code Quality. It will show tools that can be useful while doing such projects. Like PHPStorm, PHPMetrics, Composer, Vue.JS chrome plugin, Postman, the CLI and plugins for PHPStorm (like “pimple” plugin) It will also go over Bootstrap & SASS which are another kind of tool. UI will not be covered, but UX will. (Based on goodui.org)
What are the requirements?
- Tutorial will go from the fundamental (Request cycle) to more abstract concepts (DI, IOC, …)
- Databases driven websites
- Basic PHP and SQL
- And the most important is: desire to learn
What is the target audience?
- For people wanting to know how to tie everything and that are getting started in programming dynamic websites.
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly 2PM EST on Tuesday and Thursday.
NEXT SESSION IS : Session 10
Session 0: HTTP 101 and application architecture. (non-code related)
- How the journey of a request
- HTTP request anatomy
- What are we going to build
Session 1: Setting-up the Environment
- Setting up the programming environment for linux
- Bootstrapping the application backend
- Silex and the HTTP request journey
Session 2: Modeling the database, first look at the “business” through the “data layer”
- Designing the database (plantuml tool)
- First look at SQL for DDL (Data Definition Language)
Session 2b : Reorganizing code
Session 3: Data model reification
- Doctrine & entities
- Dependency injection with Pimple
Session 4: Exposing the model to the outside world and securing it (first version)
- Rest web service
Session 5: Starting web front-end
- Setting up bootstrap
- Creating the templates
- Using a template Engine (TransPhorm)
- Securing the web service (login/password)
- Encoding the password !
Session 20: VueJS and SPA