Build Your First Python 3.7 and Django 2 Application
- Project length: 4h 42m
In this project tutorial, we are going to build a simple Facebook-like website in Python 3.7 and Django 2.1.2 with basic functionality. We are going to focus more on a Python and Django itself so after finishing this project you will be able to build your own website from scratch!
This tutorial will cover all the details (resources, tools, languages etc) that are necessary to build a complete and operational Python and Django web app. You will be guided through all the steps and concepts, starting from the basic ones like setting up the right tools and frameworks to the more advanced topics related to the website’s development. And ultimately, you will be able to create your own web app without any difficulty.
What are the requirements?:
- Basic Python knowledge
- Fundamentals of databases
- Fundamentals of hosting
- Desire to learn Python Web-Development
What is the target audience?:
- You want to learn the fundamentals of Django
- Want to learn organized Web-Development
- Learn How to achieve basic webpage functionality
- Enhance your Python experience
Session 1: Getting-Started:
Learn the requirements of knowledge and tools and how to install these tools.
- Session 1.1: Requirements
- Session 1.2: Installation guide
Session 2: Fundamentals:
Learn the fundamentals. How to create an App, how to connect views and URLs, how to implement models and the admin and how to use easily the database.
- Session 2.1: App creation explanation: Commands to create the app and explanation of each component
- Session 2.2: URLs-Views: How the URLs connect with the views with the example
- Session 2.3: Database-Models: What are the models and the database and how they connect with the example
- Session 2.4: AppMigration-Database API: Commands to connect the database with the models and the API of the Database
- Session 2.5: Set-up Admin: Setting Up the admin
- Session 2.6: Delete App: How to properly delete an app
Session 3: Implementing Sign In and LogIn functionality
Session 4: Writing the templates for the registration procedure - (front end)
- Session 4.1: Registration Templates Part1
- Session 4.2: Registration Templates Part2
Session 5: NavigationBar-Logout:
Creating a navigation bar for our website and implementing Logout.
Session 6: Change Password function:
Implementing the ability to change your password.
Session 7: Search Implementation:
Implementing the ability to search for other users.
Session 8: Friends:
Implementing the friend model and a system to add/remove friends.
- Session 8.1: Main implementation of friend model, views, templates
- Session 8.2: Minor bug fixing
Session 9: Finalizing and project overview
In this session we are going to implement the ability to post articles and finalize the project with minor friend bug fix.