How to create instant arcade game with JS (part 2)
- Game Development
- Project length: 6h 36m
This tutorial guide you through whole process of making a mobile web game and publish it to market. Together we will build the game and discuss ecosystem. The purpose of the tutorial is to show the pipeline of a project creation from start to finish, exposing all the process to viewers: pipeline setup, continuous integration, fast prototyping and feature implementing, connecting with backend, analytics and platform integration.
What are the requirements?
- you can watch part 1 of the series
- Desire to make games
What is the target audience?
- You know some js and ready to work without game engine
- You interested in new mobile web markets
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly Tuesday at 2.30am EST
Session 1: Input, Screen management
- Laying the base of the game framework
- Input system
- Starting with main application control system - screen manager
Session 2: Concrete screens, ui factory, navigation
- Implementing concrete screens
- Introducing button base behaviour
- Introducing UI factory
- Testing navigation between screens
Session 3: New screens, new input and input blocking
- Implementing 2 new screen mockups
- Reworking the game Input system
- Adding the Input blocking behaviour
Session 4: Player data and backend mockup
- Implementing player data
- Implementing debug progress reset
Session 5: Gameplay prototyping p.1
- Starting with gameplay process prototyping
Session 6: Gameplay prototyping p.2
- Wrapping up prototype and project results