- Game Development
- Project length: 7h 00m
In this part we will discover how to improve your development pipeline by making project-specific tools and use them to build ingame progression and quickly iterate on gameplay
This tutorial guide you through whole process of making a mobile web game and publish it to market. Together we will build the game and discuss ecosystem. The purpose of the tutorial is to show the pipeline of a project creation from start to finish, exposing all the process to viewers: pipeline setup, continuous integration, fast prototyping and feature implementing, connecting with backend, analytics and platform integration.
What are the requirements?
- you can watch parts 1 and 2 of the series
- Desire to make games
What is the target audience?
- You know some js and ready to work without game engine
- You interested in new mobile web markets
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly Tuesday at 2.30am EST
Session 1: Customizing launch modes
- Introducing the MODE branching
Session 2: Customizing launch modes p2
- Finishing with MODE branching
- Introducing URLVars usage and gamecode reuse
Session 3: Implementing stage editor
- base integration of game code into editor
- starting with editor UI
Session 4: Implementing stage editor p2
- editor UI
- binding controls with changeable data
Session 5: Implementing stage editor p3
- finishing with editor UI
- reloading stage state based on editor values for live editing
Session 6: Implementing stage config
- saving progression state in local storage
- using progression state to play around with stages
- saving state in external json to be used in actual game