How to create instant arcade game with JS (part 1)
- Game Development
- Project length: 8h 13m
In this part we will set up project infrastructure: build scripts, project skeleton, tasks automation, game framework and CI.
This tutorial guide you through whole process of making a mobile web game and publish it to market. Together we will build the game and discuss ecosystem. The purpose of the tutorial is to show the pipeline of a project creation from start to finish, exposing all the process to viewers: pipeline setup, continuous integration, fast prototyping and feature implementing, connecting with backend, analytics and platform integration.
What are the requirements?
- Desire to make games
What is the target audience?
- You know some js and ready to work without game engine
- You interested in new mobile web markets
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly Tuesday at 2am EST
In this part we will set up project infrastructure: build scripts, project skeleton, tasks automation, game framework and CI
- Project dependencies and basic automating tasks
- Futher automatization
- Adding game libraries
- Renderer stretching
- Asset digest automatization
- Assets loading
- Content stretching based on renderer stretching
- Peek inside composition system we will be using
- Content layouting
- Layering content
- Setting up buildbot for CI and public sharing
- Wrapping up milestone