Best Practices with Mechanics & 2D Level Design
- Game Development
- Project length: 4h 04m
Do you want to learn how to use a combination of simple design mechanics to dramatically improve your levels? In this introductory series to 2D game design, we will explore the principles of game design through Gamestar Mechanic.
This is an introductory tutorial to 2D game design.
What are the requirements?
- Love for making games
- Basic computing skills
- Familiarity with game genres and language of games
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in learning how to improve in game design
Session 1: Intro to Game Design
- Learning about Gamestar Mechanic
- Learning about Core Loops
- Intro to GRASPS
Session 2: Simple Mechanics
Session 3: Level Design & Game Balance
- How to build and optimize a level
- How to balance your game
- How to publish, playtest, and iterate