How To Run Nginx in a Docker Container on Ubuntu
- Project length: 21h 18m
This tutorial will cover all the is to running a nginx container on docker on ubuntu16. In this tutorial you will learn how to configure nginx to your web application.
How to configure and run and NGinx container on Docker in Ubuntu
- This tutorial will cover all the is to running a nginx container on docker on ubuntu16. In this tutorial you will learn how to configure nginx to your web application. You will start from running your container locally to load balancing your encrypted container on the internet. And ultimately you will be able to create and deploy your own nginx container without any difficulty.
What are the requirements?:
This section will cover requirements of programming language, skills viewers should have to understand and follow this tutorial.
- Basic ubuntu terminal knowledge
- Basic configuration and googling skills
- Basic curiosity and need to ask questions
What is the target audience?:
Curious member of the internet who want to learn something new , improve on what they know or just want to give feedback.
- You don’t want to spend money on a HTTP server
- You want to learn more about nginx and docker
- You want to improve your skills and learn more things and live
Your curious ……
When are the streaming sessions (streaming schedule)?
Weekly 4:30 pm EST New York time on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Session 1: Setup Environment
Here we are setting up our environment and getting our site up and ready.
- Installing Docker and the nginx Container on our Ubuntu VM.
- Mounting Html / JS website website to nginx
- Deploying and managing nginx
Session 2: Encrypting your nginx container
Here we learn multiple ways of encrypting our particular site On the Internet or with a trusted Certificate Authority.
- Using Self Signed Certificate
- Using Lets Encrypt
Session 3: Dev/Ops
Here we learn how to deploy our container and its sites to the internet using Digital Ocean. We load balance and we compose a beautiful melody.
- Docker Compose
- Docker Machine
- Digital ocean (server provider)
- Load Balancing
- *Workflowy Syllabus list Open in New Tab
- 20+gb of space ......mostly because you need much more IMO but at least 4gb
- Digital ocean - $10 Ref Link Enough for the last optional exercise and a small project OPEN IN NEW TAB
- Workflowy List/task management tool Invite link OPEN IN NEW TAB
- Project Notes