How to Create Audio Player with React.js and Electron.js
- Project length: 1h 04m
There are so many audio players out there, all with their unique features. Throughout this series I will cover all the details of creating your very own music player, so you can build it from scratch, add your own features, adapt to how you see fit, and through it to the wild!
In this tutorial, I'll explain how you can create desktop applications using React.js and Electron. In the end, you'll be able to quickly develop products for your personal use or to bring some of your ideas to real life. You will learn how to: build React components interact with filesystem from React work with HTML5 Audio API extract ID3 metadata from MP3 files add cool features like "play random" or "repeat one" ...and more!
What are the requirements?
- Basic Node.js knowledge
- Basic React.js knowledge (you can watch my another tutorial to get to know React.js - How to create Todo App in React.js)
- Not mandatory basic experience in building layouts with HTML/CSS
What is the target audience?
- You want to build an audio player from scratch?
- You want to understand how to develop things from end-to-end using Electron?
- You want to learn new stuff?
The project outline explains what you will learn in each session
Install Node.js Install Electron Install libraries, tools: Webpack Babel