How to create game server in Visual Basic.NET and own Database
- Game Development
- Project length: 3h 45m
Do you want to get into networking, and want to create your very own game server? Then this video series is exactly what you want to watch! If you ever wanted to create your very own MMORPG or Online game and you don't know how to start and you are still a beginner in game development you are at the correct place. In this 6 Part series we will create an TCP Game Server and Game Client. You will also learn the very basics of TCP networking and Sockets.
How to create a game server and client with database
Do you want to get into networking, and want to create your very own game server? Then this video series is exactly what you want to watch! If you ever wanted to create your very own MMORPG or Online game and you don't know how to start and you are still a beginner in game development you are at the correct place. In this 5 Part series we will create an TCP Game Server and Game Client. You will also learn the very basics of TCP networking and Sockets.
What Will I Learn?
- Basics of TCP Sockets.
- Setting up a multi-client game server console application.
- Allow incoming connections on the server.
- Specify every connection with its own connection ID.
- Setting up a basic game client console application.
- Connect with the server.
- Creating a very own network message system.
- Sending network information over the network.
- Receive network information over the network.
- Packet loss prevention. *Learning basics of Serilaization
- Creating a Database
What Can I Do With This?
After you have completed this course you will be able to understand the inner workings of a online game. You will be able to create your own game server to implement it everywhere you want. You will be able to create your very own online game, or online application for windows,android or even console games!
What Are The Requirements?
- Windows PC or Mac OS X.
- Atleast .NET Framework 3.5 installed.
- Visual Studio, Visual C# or any other C# IDE/Compiler
You will be able to write me a private message https://www.facebook.com/UnityKaymak/
Session 1: ConsoleThread
- Creating a new Project
- Information about IP-Protocolls
Session 2: Creating the Server Socket
- Information about IP-Protocolls
- Creating a TCPListener
- Setting up the TCPListener
- Start the server
Session 3: Creating a TCP Client and Connect To Server
- Accept incoming connections
- Adding a new Project
- Creating a TCPClient
- Setting up the TCPClient
- Creating a NetworkStream
- Connecting to the server
- Creating a "Client" Class
- Setting up the Client Class
- Making every Client unique
- Adding a incoming connection to array
- Allow max. connections.
- Connect with multiple clients to the server
Session 4: Creating the Buffer Class
- Setting up the Custom Buffer Class
- Writing data into a byte
- Reading data from a byte
- Adding file to server and client project
Video 5: Handle Data and Sending Data
- Creating custom server and client packages identifier
- Creating our first network message
- Handle network data
- Prevent packet loss
- Sending data from server to client and backwards
- Receiving data from server on client and backwards
- Execute Methods on client from server
Session 6: Load and Save Account
- Creating a Database Class
- Creating a Player Structure
- Saving the Player Structure
- Loading the Player Structure
- Register a account
- Login into a account
- Password Check
- Closing the project