How to Create a Classic Roguelike Game in Unreal Engine (part 2)
- Game Development
- Unreal Engine
- Project length: 6h 41m
Create a Roguelike game using Unreal Engine's Blueprints, a visual scripting system. We will start from scratch and create a basic Roguelike in UE4 using the [Berlin Interpretation](http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation) of Roguelikes as a guide for the game design.
A Modern Roguelike
How to Create a Roguelike in UE4
This tutorial will cover all the details (resources, tools, system, etc.) that are necessary to build a complete and operational Roguelike in Unreal Engine. You will be guided through all the steps and concepts, starting with setting up your project and importing assets to having monsters chase and attack your player. You will be able to expand on this foundation to create your own complete world as a roguelike game.
What are the requirements?
- Unreal Engine 4 (It is free!)
- Some background in programming will be helpful
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine and blueprints system
What is the target audience?
- You want to create games!
- You love roguelikes and want to make your own.
- You are looking for the fundamentals of roguelike development and would like to use UE4
Tutorials for Unreal Engine
Session 1: Events and Taking Turns
- Creating a turn based system for ECS
Session 2: Enemies
- Creating actors to follow the character
- AI behavior and pathfinding
Session 3: Combat
- More Systems
Session 4: Progress
- Player levels
Tools, Assets, and Other Useful Links: