Learn basics of Meteor.js
MeteorJS History (Reference)
Meteor was first introduced in December 2011 under the name Skybreak. In October 2014, Meteor Development Group acquired Y Combinator alum FathomDB, with the goal of expanding Meteor's database support.
MeteorJS Tools (Reference)
- Kadira is a performance management platform for Meteor.js which offers lots of resources to help a team to improve the performance of an app at any stage in its life cycle.
- METEOR-VELOCITY This is a framework that provides a testing platform for meteor.
- GAGARIN This is a mocha based testing framework that is designed to be used with Meteor. It is capable of spawning multiple instances of your meteor application and run the tests. These tests are done both on the client and server side simultaneously in real time. It is especially handy when you need more refined control over processes in meteor and allows you to test fancy things such as how your app behaves when the server restarts.
- METEOR TOOLTIPS Meteor tooltips allows you to develop minimal, barebones and reactive tooltips for your Meteor applications. This allows you to forget about adding clunky Bootstrap packages that not only increase the size of your code but also fall short of expectations in some instances. Lookback: tooltips package provides tooltips for you “The Meteor Way”, allowing you to develop reactive, minimal and functional tooltips.
- CLOUD9Cloud9 provides a platform for you to develop applications in the cloud. This provides several benefits to you as a developer, including convenient and cheap access to your files from various devices. Some of the features of cloud nine include code auto completion, file revision history, FTP mounts, keybindings, and browser testing among several other features.
- MONGOL Mongol allows you to view and edit your client documents in the browser. This removes the need for you to enter the console in search of your documents. Moreover, Mongol is debugOnly package, meaning that it does not compile to your production build. It configures automatically thus facilitating a plug and play installation approach.
- METEOR TOOLS FOR VISUAL STUDIO This integrates an awesome framework of meteor into the Visual Studio IDE. This therefore provides developers with a wide array of templates, debugging, Language Syntax Highlighting among several other amazing features. It also provides live page updates, latency compensation, hot code pushes, interoperability and smart packages to developers.
- METEOR KITCHEN This is a code generator for Meteor.js. It allows you to build a complete meteor application by specifying the details in a simple JSON file. You simple need to specify the directory structure, layout, pages, menus, forms and data views.
- METEOR TOYS Meteor toys provide you with a large number of development tools that will help you to develop robust and complex meteor applications. They simplify tasks such as templating, notifications, email and throttling among several other amazing features.
- IRON This is a command line scaffolding tool for Meteor.js applications. It provides a way to automatically develop the project structure, the various files and boilerplate code.
MeteorJS Best Books
Meteor takes many of the cutting edge breakthroughs in web applications that until now have been reserved for larger companies, and makes them available to everyone. Meteor completely rethinks the standard model of web apps, in order to create fast, fluid, and engaging content.
Meteor is a full stack application platform that makes it easy to build powerful, real time Web apps quickly. Introducing Meteor is a short book guiding you through building top-quality Web apps in a fraction of the time using an application platform built for the modern web. This book takes you from installing the development environment all the way through deploying a live app, and everything in between.
by Isaac Strack
by Jebin B V
by Isaac Strack
Starting with simple recipes designed for quick reference, and culminating in advanced recipes that walk you through building and deploying a complete application, Meteor Cookbook covers all the major areas of Meteor development, including lesser-known and undocumented features. You will have instant access to step-by-step recipes, accompanied by clear, concise explanations on optimizing your workflow.
Meteor in Action teaches you full-stack web development using the Meteor platform. It starts with an overview of a Meteor application, revealing the unique nature of Meteor's end-to-end application model. Then you'll dive into the Blaze templating engine, discover Meteor's reactive data sources model, learn simple and advanced routing techniques, and practice managing users, permissions, and roles.
MeteorJS Projects (Reference)
There are tons of HTML/CSS projects out there. Any website you open uses both the elements, and there is no way to run away from the technology. Below are some of the amazing website build using HTML/CSS.
MeteorJS offers it official forums for discussing about the framework. You can ask question, post ideas, and help improve the framework by interacting with the core contributors.
MeteorJS Gurus (Reference)
Full stack developer at Super Evil Megacorp and at Gozio Inc, EventedMind and the Founder at Inner-tie, Founder at Shanghaiin. Currently located in San Francisco Bay Area.Linkedin
Founder at Elevate Development and Design, LLC. Application Developer at (Under contract to) Charles Schwab, Sr. Software Engineer at Starlight Consultants, LLC, Programmer at Starlight.Linkedin
SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition - Telemetry Team. Lead development of MeteorJS application for telemetry, control, and communication.Linkedin
- Meteor in Flip Flops
Indulge all your geeky senses and escape to the beautiful city of Las Palmas with 15 fellow geeks who live and breathe coding. Explore advanced Meteor features, develop projects. Spain, Palmas
- NantesJS Meetup
- NYC Camp
We are focused on helping attendees learn how contribute back to the Drupal project and community. This annual grassroots conference brings together enthusiastic beginners and experienced developers from across the US and around the world. United States, Manhattan
- Meetup MeteorJS
Meteor is an open-source platform for building top-quality web apps in a fraction of the time, whether you're an expert developer or just getting started. Meet --other developers using Meteor. Share your knowledge, apps, and get feedback from others. Meteor is an open-source platform for building top-quality web apps in a fraction of the time, whether you're an expert developer or just getting started. France, Paris
- Worldwide Meteor Day - Manchester
You'll get to meet developers who have built things with Meteor here in Manchester, play with the new Meteor examples and tutorial, and have Q&A via Hangout with a core developer or expert from the community. England, Manchester