Learn basics of Web App Design
Web app design has become popular than ever, with a lot of web app being introduced for different purposes. Some of the most popular web apps include Facebook app and Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram app and much more. LiveEdu.tv is a place to start your career as a web app designer. It offers great tutorials from experts. Search for web app design streamers on LiveEdu.tv and learn from the best.
Web App Design Introduction
Web app design has become popular than ever, with a lot of web app being introduced for different purposes. Some of the most popular web apps include Facebook app and Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram app and much more. Almost any website you find today have an app to access the site, with the mobile app being popular because of the high number of mobile users. The mobile app allows the client or user interface to run in a web browser.
Web app design is a lucrative career for a web app designer because the need for web applications is ever on the increase. People are alway thinking and innovating new ideas but these thinkers in most cases are missing something which is web app design skill. Thus they will have to turn to web app design experts to do the job. That is where you come in. With new ideas and project coming up daily, you can become a professional web app designer and start ripping your share out of the market.
Web App Design History
Web app design can be traced back to 1989 which started from web design. During these years, a lot of things changed. At the start, things were pretty dark because screens were literarily dark and only a few monochrome pixels was available back then. Designs were made by symbols and tabulation.
Web App Design Tools
Tools are the gateway to delivering a good job. But to get results you don’t work with just any tool, you need the right tool for the job. We are going to list five best web app design tool you can use for learning web app design. These tools are not just the best tools but recent tools.
- Invision app: Invision is the world's leading prototyping, collaboration and workflow platform. This tool allows you to upload your design files, add animations, gesture and transitions to transform your static screens into clickable, interactive prototypes. It also allows seamless design communication and best of all, it's free.
- Macaw: Macaw is a tool built for modern web app designers. Macaw is a tool that offers flexibility like an image editor but also writes semantic HTML and CSS. Its design environment is powered by a real-time layout engine called stream and allows an element to be manipulated in a way similar to image editor like Adobe Photoshop
- Avocode: This is an awesome tool for designers to share and inspect Photoshop and Sketch designs with developers in a heartbeat. This tool bridges the gap between coding and design by allowing designers to open PSD and Sketch designs to generate CSS, Swift, Android, and React Native straight from layers and export images, colors fonts, styles, sizes, and measurements.
- Form: Relative wave form is an another prototyping tool. This is an app with mixed design and code. The tool does not give you the option to created graphics, but you can insert graphics and use with form call patches to add gestures and interactions. The prototyping is faster with this tool as you are allowed to run designs natively on the device at 60 FPS. You can also share a document directly from the form viewer app without the need for laptop or desktop computers. Finally, you can build custom components, pull in live data, and prototype in new ways.
- Atomic: Atomic is a prototyping tool for web designers. It allows users to design from scratch or import designs from sketch or Photoshop. Its core features include rapid prototyping, interactions and animations, conditional behaviors, data-driven interfaces, collaboration and sharing and more.
- Affinity Designer: It is impossible to talk about web design without graphic design coming in. This tool gives web designers the option to work with both pixels and vectors interchangeably. You can also control the position or size of an object to its container. This is important for working with devices of different sizes.
Education Ecosystem Web App Design Project Creators
We have thousands of amazing Project Creators on Education Ecosystem who are experts, who every day do anything web app design. Education Ecosystem Project Creators have been helping a lot of people in the community on web app design reviews, fixing design problems and building products from scratch.
Let us introduce to you top five web app design Project Creators on Education Ecosystem. These are experts with years of experience who can guide you through your web app design career.
Streamer Name: pepperyandel
Web App Design Best Books
The best way to start learning Web App Design is to read books and stream Web App Design projects on Education Ecosystem. There is an increased demand for web app in the market which has to be satisfied by designers. You too can take your share in designers market, but first you need to be fully competent for the task. There is no better way to get started than owning a personal book that will help you kickstart your career in web app design.
This book teaches about the standards for web usability and interaction design for web sites and web app. It is a handbook for web application design that describe the essential widget and development that will lead you to the right design solutions for your web app.
by Nathan Barry
This book takes you through the Nathan's approach to design, creating easy to use web applications. It also takes you through design flow to help you optimize your web app for fewest clicks, but also for a mental model that is quick to understand. This book will also teach you to follow design process by focusing on user experience before you start styling any application.
by Pawan Vora
Design patterns for web applications, similar in concept to those for web sites and software design, offer an effective solution. In Web Application Design Patterns, Pawan Vora documents design patterns for web applications by not only identifying design solutions for user interaction problems, but also by examining the rationale for their effectiveness, and by presenting how they should be applied.
by Emmit Scott
SPA Design and Architecture teaches you the design and development skills you need to create SPAs. Includes an overview of MV* frameworks, unit testing, routing, layout management, data access, pub/sub, and client-side task automation. This book is full of easy-to-follow examples you can apply to the library or framework of your choice.
Universal Design for Web Applications teaches you how to build websites that are more accessible to people with disabilities and explains why doing so is good business. It takes more work up front, but the potential payoff is huge -- especially when mobile users need to access your sites.
This guide shows Java software developers and software engineers how to build complex web applications in an enterprise environment. You'll begin with an introduction to the Java Enterprise Edition and the basic web application, then set up a development application server environment, learn about the tools used in the development process, and explore numerous Java technologies and practices. The book covers industry-standard tools and technologies, specific technologies, and underlying programming concepts.
Write Modern Web Apps with the MEAN Stack: Mongo, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js (Develop and Design)
by Jeff Dickey
Web App Design Projects
There is no way you can improve a skill without practicing what you’ve learned. As a student of web app design, one way to practice what you’ve learned is to get involved in projects to learn from experts and start working your way to becoming an expert.
There are millions of project online for you to join to strengthen your skill. We will list five web app design project and you can pick one from the list.
A web design, UI/UX, and branding project with over 7000 followers. It is a recent project which was published on the 2nd of June so you can be sure of getting the latest trend from this project.Explore this project!
Mireia Ferrer is a branding, graphic design and web design project by Mireia Ferrer, Global coach Branding & Website. This project has over 9000 followers with most of its followers giving an excellent feedback. You can join the project and start enjoying what followers are already enjoying. You can also share your designs here to get feedback on your performance.Explore this project!
This is a web design, UI/X, and interaction design project. It was published on the 8th of June with over 3000 followers. This project covers the goal of a designer which is to listen, observe, understand, sympathize and glean insight that enables him to make the invisible visible. The followers on this project are super active, giving feedback.Explore this project!
Another web, UI/UX, and branding project with over 1500 followers. This project is on an awesome website for data migration, data backup, data recovery and data storage. You just need to check out this awesome project and the feedback followers are leaving. If you want to learn from the best, then join this project right away.Explore this project!
This is a Education Ecosystem fun project whose goal is to build a social networking web app that allows auto enthusiasts to network with each other in various ways. The languages involved in the project include Client Side Code-Swift Backend Server-Parse Server (Express + Node.JS)Explore this project!
Web App Design Community
The web app design communities is a massive one. There are unlimited community you can be part of to learn from experts and see how things are being done.
- 99designs.com 99designs.com is a multi-community for web designers, app designer web app designers as well as graphic designers.
- Best Community Website Need design inspiration? Best community website is the right community to join. It has many gallery of designs you can draw inspiration from
- Education Ecosystem Here you can find all the awesome Project Creators who love to share their knowledge and opinion about web app designs. There are many experts on Education Ecosystem you can learn from.
Web App Design Gurus
He is not just an expert, but a tutor and a writer in the field of web app design. “His book Write Modern Web Apps with the MEAN Stack” Explains new way to write web applications by treating the front-end as if it were a third party. Of course, he is an authority in the field of web app design.
Lori Beckstead an associate professor and director of the Allan Slaight Radio Institute, RTA school of media. She is also an expert in web design, interactive art, radio industry sound art and sound for film and television expert.
Daianne Cyr: is a professor of Management Information Systems, Simon Fraser University. She's an expert in web design, web design across cultures and website design and user trust.
Mike is an award-winning industrial designer and SPA architect with 13 years experience as a full-stack web developer and architect. He spent four years as development manager for an HP/HA platform that served hundreds of millions of requests per day from two large Linux clusters. He currently works as a UI architect, consultant, and Director of UX engineering.
Nathan Barry has worked on building iPhone apps, writing books and coding websites. He started as a web and software designer and became obsessed with the world of audience building and book publishing. He has written three books, "The App Design Handbook", "Designing Web Application and “Authority”
Web App Design Conferences
There are numerous benefits from attending conferences in your field. As an aspirant of web app design, you are no different. There are many conferences you can attend for educational opportunity, networking with fellow designers or just to have fun. Below are five upcoming web app design conferences.