Learn basics of UX design
UX or User Experience is a crucial part of a product being a website, app or whatever the case may be which determines if a user will continue using a particular product or not. LiveEdu.tv offers great tutorials from experts who will walk you from beginners level to expert level.
UX Design Introduction
UX or User Experience is a crucial part of a product being a website, app or whatever the case may be which determines if a user will continue using a particular product or not. UX design is the process of enhancing user satisfaction with a product by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction with a product. User experience design addresses all aspect of a product or service as perceived by users.
A career in UX design is a rewarding one because as a UX design expert, you will be responsible for a crucial part of a product or service which the owners of the product hold dear. The demand for UX design in on the increase because everyone wants their product or brand to sell and to do that, a good UX design must be implemented. Since you have decided to take a career in UX design, we encourage you to give your utmost best to the course of learning as there is a great reward that lies at the end of your study.
UX Design History
The history of UX design did not start from a digital or technological product or service but has it root traces back to 19th and early 20th centuries. Inspired by the machine age intellectual framework. This began as a quest to improve processes and increase production. UX design focuses on the interaction between human users, machines, and the contextual environment to design systems that address the user's experience.
UX can be traced back to the ancient science of ergonomics in which natural laws and principles were applied to make work more effective. The connection between ergonomics and labor scale through to modern times. The first on record was Winslow Taylor in 1900, he pioneered the modern optimization of work. In 1940 Toyota introduced Human-Centered-Production system which aimed at improving efficiency through the convenient and respectful environment for the workers. In the year 1940, Alan Turing formed the first theoretical computer. The theory competition opens the gate to ever-growing field of computer science. In the year 1995 Don Norman coined in the term User Experience to describe the broad set of activities his team was engaged in at Apple computers.
UX Design Tools
Talking about UX Design tools, there are thousands of tools available, but the sad part is not all of them are going to suit your need and not all will work out perfect for you. We are going to list five UX Design tools that may come handy as you undergo your learning in UX Design.
- UXPin: UXPin is a wireframing and prototyping tool. This too offers a wide range of functionalities like creating interactive wireframes and user flows in minutes, building static or interactive designs with editor or import files from sketch or photoshop and craft lifelike prototypes with advanced states and interactions.
- UX Recorder: This is a smart tool with a built-in browser for performing website usability and user experience testing on iOS devices. It also has the functionality to capture the user's face via the camera, their audio through the mic and their on-screen gestures such as taps, swipes and scrolling behavior and many more features.
- xSort: Thinking of organizing information as UX designer, this is the right tool for you to use. It features include visual environment simulating a table with a card, support open semi-open and close exercises, displays individually all the info related to an individual session, easily select the session you want to use based on the different criteria and some other features.
- KISSmetrics: Analytics tools to help you get, keep and grow more customers. This too has added behavioral analytics platform which allows designers to analyze, segment and engage users all in one place.
- Adobe Experience Design: A prototyping and wireframing tool built for UX Design. It updated features for June 2017 include symbol overrides, symbols on windows 10, drag and drop layers on Windows 10, gradients on Windows 10, stylized text tools on Windows 10 and copy/paste bitmaps on Windows 10.
Education Ecosystem UX Design Project Creators
We have thousands of amazing Project Creators on Education Ecosystem. These are experts with years of experience in UX design. Project Creators at Education Ecosystem have been helping a lot of people in the UX design community to fix design problems and build products from scratch.
Let us introduce to you top five UX design Project Creators on Education Ecosystem. These professionals will guide you through your UX design career.
Streamer Name: pepperyandell
UX Design Best Books
The best way to start learning UX Design is to read books and stream UX Design projects on Education Ecosystem. We are going to least nine books evenly for beginners level, intermediate level, and expert level.
by Jaime Levy
This is a hands-on guide which introduces lightweight strategy tool and techniques to help you and your team craft innovative multi-device products that people would love to use. From this book, you will learn simple-to-advanced strategies that you can use in your work right away.
This book contains four sections, including a brief introduction to UX research, planning and preparation, facilitating research, and analysis and reporting. Each chapter includes a short exercise so you can quickly apply what you’ve learned.
Lean UX has become the preferred approach to interaction design, tailor-made for today’s agile teams. In the second edition of this award-winning book, leading advocates Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden expand on the valuable Lean UX principles, tactics, and techniques covered in the first edition to share how product teams can easily incorporate design, experimentation, iteration, and continuous learning from real users into their Agile process.
The UX Book: Process and Guidelines for Ensuring a Quality User Experience aims to help readers learn how to create and refine interaction designs that ensure a quality user experience (UX). The book seeks to expand the concept of traditional usability to a broader notion of user experience; to provide a hands-on, practical guide to best practices and established principles in a UX lifecycle; and to describe a pragmatic process for managing the overall development effort.
UX Design Projects
There is no way you can improve a skill without practicing what you’ve learned. UX design requires creativity and lot of practice. To achieve this two goals, you need to join UX design projects to learn from experts and also start your project as well.
Awesome Design focuses on high quality resources and tools which can be used by UI/UX designers in their daily work. The repo is being updated continuously from people around the world who provide amazing resources.Explore this project!
This repository is a library of common UX design patterns for Office Add-ins. It represents a set of best practices for add-in interfaces. The patterns are built using Office UI Fabric components and styling. They complement Office experiences and follow add-in UX design principles. As you design your own Office Add-in, refer to the patterns, download the templates to quickly create your own mock-ups using Adobe Illustrator, or download the code.Explore this project!
UX Design Community
UX design community is a popular one now since UX design has gained more popularity in recent times. There are thousands of UX design community out there, but we are going to list a few you can join.
- Interaction Design Foundation This community is broad and narrow the same time. It is broad in the sense that it contains several communities for UX designers, and narrow because communities are streamlined according to geolocation to connect with designers close to you.
- UX Mastery UX Mastery is a community that helps those who are new to UX design to get everything they need to get started and improve their skills all in one place. It is a very interactive community because you will be asked to introduce yourself by telling everyone your location, stage of your career, what you expect to get out of the community and more.
- Education Ecosystem Education Ecosystem is also a community to find experts in UX design, learn and interact with them.
UX Design Gurus
Bill Buxton. Bill is an interactive designer, author-researcher, lecturer and a professor at the University Of Toronto. Bill was named one of the most 10 innovators in Hollywood in 2001 and he is very active on Twitter.
Irene is a design partner at Khosla Ventures, former head of design at Google, Yahoo, Udacity. She's also a yoga instructor. Of course, we cannot deny the fact that she's good at what she does.
Patrick Neeman is an occasional general assembly UX instructor. He is an award winning UX designer and leader with a track record of developing and mentoring designer and integrating them into complex organizations
Jane Pyle: JAne Pyle is a UX designer focused on enterprise iOS app design. She was a UX lead at Genentech Inc, Sr. Web Designer at Genentech Inc and a graduate of San Francisco State University with Bachelors Award in Broadcasting And Electronic Art and Masters in Education, Instruction Design.
Crystal is an IDF local leader at Interaction Design Foundation. Her skills include Mobile UX Design, User experience design, User-centered design, information architecture, User flows, Interaction design and some others.
UX Design Conferences
There are numerous benefits from attending a conference in your field. There are numerous upcoming conferences that you can attend to connect, network with expert and meet fellow designers.