Learn basics of Art and Illustration
Arts and Illustration work hand in hand as partners with Illustration being the dependent one. While it is possible to discuss art without bringing in Illustration, it is near impossible to talk about Illustration without bringing art into the discussion. Illustration in most cases is expressed in the form of art such as drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, montage, digital design, multimedia, 3D modeling. LiveEdu.tv is a place to find experts in Art and Illustration who will teach you all you need to know about Art and Illustration.
Arts And Illustration Introduction
Arts and Illustration work hand in hand as partners with Illustration being the dependent one. While it is possible to discuss art without bringing in Illustration, it is near impossible to talk about Illustration without bringing art into the discussion. Illustration in most cases is expressed in form of art such as drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, montage, digital design, multimedia, 3D modeling.
Since Art and Illustration are inseparable but cannot be regarded as a single unit, I guess we should take a look both individually to fully grasp what they are as a single unit and how the work together to complement each other.
Art involves a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts to express the imaginative or technical skill of an author. On the other hand, Illustration is the application of a wide range of style and techniques mostly artistic to effectively convey or pass certain information via visual channel to observers. From the definition of Illustration, it is easy to see how art and illustration work together. Art is needed to be able to Illustrate effectively.
Arts And Illustration Design History
Art has been in existence thousands of years ago with painting and sculpture being the most dominant art forms its early days. The history of art is often told as a chronology of masterpieces created in each civilization which can be framed as a story of high culture, epitomized by the wonders of the world. Illustration For Illustration the medieval codices were known as illuminations which usually involves hand drawings and paintings. In the 16th and 17th century, illustrations were produced mainly through the process of engraving and etching. From early 1800s newspapers, mass market magazines and illustrated books had become the dominant consumer media in Europe and the new world. and by the 19th century, the improvement in printing technology freed illustration to try out colors and rendering techniques.
Arts And Illustration Tools
With digital technology taking over the world, the introduction of digital tools for almost any field have been introduced. Arts and Illustration is one field that has experience the introduction of many tools. We will list five powerful tools you to pick from.
- Goanimate: Thinking of creating animated videos to illustrate your story, Goanimate is the perfect tool for you to use. This tool allows you to create animated video with ease at the click of a mouse, add a character, swap a background or start a scene just by dragging and dropping.
- Graphic Tablet: What! a table? Yes, a tablet. This is now just any tablet but a graphic drawing tablet board kit. It is compatible with all major graphics application including corel painter, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, comic Studio, SAI, Paint tool sai, Infinite Stratos, 3D MAX, Autodesk MAYA and Pixologic ZBrush.
- Comic Studio: This is a software formerly known as Manga Studio. This too allows you to create your own comic, manga and illustrators from the start to finish. Its features include coloring, pens, pencils, brushes and tools, panels, advanced brush effect, vector tools, template and importing/exporting.
- Blender 2.68a: This is a free open source 3D creation tool that supports 3D pipeline-modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, composition and motion tracking. It can be use to create compelling illustrations with ease.
- Pixton: Pixton allows you to create awesome comics and illustration, while growing your community that anyone can access to contribute their own comic and illustration. Pixton is easy to use and does not require you to be an expert in art to work with it. I guess you can start with this.
Education Ecosystem Arts And Illustration Project Creators
Education Ecosystem remains one of the places to get reliable tutors to help you with your career. At Education Ecosystem, we have amazing Arts and Illustration streamers who will help you to start your career. We are going to list five of our best live streamers and we encourage you to learn all you can from them.
Art And Illustration Design Best Books
Art and Illustration has numerous book to help you become an expert in the field. But it’s impossible to read all the books on Art and Illustration. We are going to list nine books for one on three different levels with each level containing three books.
by Darrel Rees
This book offers practical help and guidance to aspiring illustrators. All areas of the job are covered – how to create a portfolio; the most effective ways to approach would-be clients; how to prepare for meetings and negotiate contracts; and how to handle, deliver, and bill a job.
This book takes readers through each stage of the creative process; from interpreting the brief and generating ideas to design and production, as well as basic communication theory and creative strategies. After a decade of catching up with technology, modern illustration is digitally literate and full of stylistic attitude. Today s illustrators work across a broad range of traditional skills and software and are much in demand.
by Mark Wigan
Explores the importance of ideas, research, drawing and experimentation and is an educational tool featuring short exercises, methods, workshops, techniques, media and a range of historical and contemporary contexts.life, composition, light and shade and transferring drawings.
Illustration students, educators, and working artists will find illuminating commentary on editorial, graphic novels, comics, animations, Web, games, toys, fashion, textiles, and more, along with an exploration of how old platforms have changed and new ones emerged.
ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR explores Tolkien's art at length, from his childhood paintings and drawings to his final sketches. At its heart are his illustrations for his books, especially his tales of Middle-earth. Also examined are the pictures Tolkien made for his children, his expressive calligraphy, his love of decoration, and his contributions to the typography and design of his books.
by Casey Fictum
Lost in Translation brings to life more than fifty words that don’t have direct English translations with charming illustrations of their tender, poignant, and humorous definitions.
Art And Illustration Projects
To improve as an Art and Illustration student, you need to find projects and be part of them. This is important because you will find project being managed by experts and learn from how they handle their projects. You can as well start your own project as well and collaborate with colleagues. We are going to list five Art and Illustration project for you to join.
Art And Illustration Community
There is no better way to improve yourself than to surround yourself with like-minded people who share the same goals and value with you. As an Art and Illustration student, being part of Art and Illustration community will serve this purpose. Below is a list of community you can join.
- IllustrationMundo.com If you are a serious illustrator and wants to be around people with the same mindset, this community is for you. It has over two thousand members in the community.
- ConceptArt.org ConceptArt.org is a big community with over 180,000 members. This community focuses more on paintings for games and stuff. The forum is flowing with content, so you can be sure to meet something new when you revisit the community.
- LiveEdu.tv LiveEdu.tv is also a community to find experts in UX design, learn and interact with them.
Art And Illustration Design Gurus
Marshall Arisman is an American illustrator, painter, storyteller, and educator. He worked as a graphic designer and was taking evening classes in figure drawing. He produced Illustrations for The New York Times, Mother Jones, The Nation, OMNI, Time and Penthouse. His book Inside the Business Of Illustration is a very useful one for illustrators.
Steven is a design writer, author, and co-author or many works on the history of illustration, typography and other subjects related to graphic design. One of his popular book in the field of illustration is Marketing Illustration.
She is not just a writer but also an illustrator who is happy with words and pictures. Her first book is Lost In Transition: An Illustrated Compendium Of Untranslatable Words which was published on September 2014.
Lawrence is a big name in the field Of Art and Illustration. He is an influential image-maker, illustrator, graphic designer and academic. He is also a contributor to Computer Art Magazine, Creative Review, the Association of Illustrators magazine, The Journal, Artists Newsletter and MacFormat.
Mark Wigan is an internationally exhibiting artist, Illustrator, and author of the book Thinking Visually for Illustrators. He is an English-born visual artist who was recognized internationally as an influential illustrator and a pioneer of urban art in London, New York, and Tokyo during the 1980s.
Art And Illustration Conferences
There are numerous benefits from attending a conference in your field. There are numerous upcoming conferences that you can attend to connect and network with expert and meet fellow Artist and Illustrators.